Equality Australia is inviting you to tell us what you think about a proposed scheme to end deferrable and unnecessary medical interventions on intersex people without their personal consent.
We want to hear from people born with innate variations of sex characteristics and their families, clinicians and health professionals, and other interested stakeholders about a draft proposal we could recommend to the Victorian Government, who have asked us – working in partnership with Intersex Human Rights Australia – for advice on establishing an intersex oversight panel.
We have prepared a consultation paper with a potential legal proposal for discussion, and a background paper outlining the key legal and policy issues informing our proposal. We have also prepared a two-page summary of the draft proposal. Download these documents below.
To have your say, you can:
1. Click on the links below to sign up to one of the following workshops:
- Workshop for people with innate variations of sex characteristics: Monday 19 July, 6pm-7:30pm
- Workshop for families of people with innate variations of sex characteristics, including parents, guardians and carers: Monday 26 July, 7:30pm-9pm
- Workshop for clinicians and health professionals: Friday 23 July, 8:30am-10am
- Workshop for interested stakeholders: Wednesday 21 July, 3pm-4:30pm
- Workshop for people with CAH: Tuesday 27 July, 7:30pm-9pm
- Workshop for families of people with CAH, including parents, guardians and carers: Wednesday 28 July, 7:30pm-9pm
2. If you have direct experience and would prefer to speak privately with us, please contact Zoe Barker, via Zoe.Barker@equalityaustralia.org.au, before 31 July 2021 to arrange a time for a telephone call or videoconference.
3. You can also provide us confidential feedback by email to Zoe Barker, on Zoe.Barker@equalityaustralia.org.au, before 31 July 2021.