NSW has the worst laws
in the country for
How can you help?
This letter will be sent to your local MP and key members of NSW Parliament who can push these reforms forward.
Here are some talking points to make your letter strong and easy to write. The more you personalise it, the more powerful it will be.
- NSW has the worst laws in the country for LGBTIQ+ people.
- I support ending harmful and damaging conversion practices and urge you to act on this as a top priority.
- The NSW Government must act in the interests of our communities – not those who discriminate against us.
- The LGBTIQA+ Equality Bill will bring NSW in line with other states by:
- Allowing trans and gender diverse people to update their gender on birth certificates.
- Improving access to health care.
- Protecting our community from discrimination.
We have an opportunity to make a once in a generation change for our community.
The Equality Bills will make our lives better.
The government hasn’t committed to action and delays are dragging on, allowing our opponents to flood NSW MPs with messages opposing these life-changing bills.
They’re outnumbering us and drowning out our voices.
Will you take a minute to send your NSW MP a message of support for these reforms?