About Equality Australia
Equality Australia exists to improve the wellbeing and circumstances of LGBTIQ+ people in Australia and their families by:
- Relieving their distress and disadvantage;
- Reducing the prevalence and relieving the effects of depression, suicide, anxiety, bullying and homelessness that they experience;
- Reducing the stigma and discrimination a they experience;
- Advancing and promoting equality and inclusion; and
- Enhancing their actual, and sense of ,safety, security and acceptance. We stand together and we stand proud because no one deserves to be treated as less-than for simply being who they are. Not the rainbow family. Not the trans teenager. Not the teacher or student just trying to go to school.
We are working with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer people to build the power, voices and influence of our communities to address their suffering. We also work in partnership with other organisations to achieve our aims.