We are united in our belief that every one of us, no matter who we are or whom we love, deserves to live with dignity and respect.
But we have a long way to go to ensure LGBTIQ+ people can live free from discrimination and harm. That’s why we’re calling on the newly elected parliament to implement a 10 point plan for LGBTIQ+ equality this term.
As members of the LGBTIQ+ community and supporters, we call on all members of Parliament to act for equality by:
- Protect LGBTIQ+ people from discrimination in religious organisations
- End damaging conversion practices that seek to change or suppress who we are
- End unnecessary medical procedures performed on intersex people without their consent
- Count us in the next Census and key surveys
- Increase funding for LGBTIQ+ suicide prevention and mental health
- Ensure better access to gender affirming healthcare
- Ensure government decision making and services are inclusive of LGBTIQ+ people
- Support for LGBTIQ+ community organisations
- Appoint a Minister and Commissioner responsible for LGBTIQ+ people
- Appoint an Ambassador for LGBTIQ+ people and uphold the rights of LGBTIQ+ around the world, including those seeking our protection