Queensland MPs will soon vote on a law making it easier for trans and gender diverse people to update their ID to reflect their gender.
These laws will have a huge positive impact for trans and gender diverse Queenslanders and rainbow families, recognising them for who they are.
All MPs need to hear about the positive impact these laws will have on you and the people you love.
- Use our simple form to send your email, which you can edit any way you like. Remember to share your personal story, keep it short and be polite.
- The Liberal National Party and key independents are yet to declare how they will vote, so make sure you ask them to support these laws.
- If you have a Labor or Greens MP, let them know why their support matters to you.
More information on these proposed laws
The laws will:
- remove the need for people to have surgery on their reproductive organs to update their gender on birth certificates
- give people a greater say over their gender descriptors, recognising non-binary people
- allow same-sex and gender diverse parents to be accurately recorded as mothers, fathers or parents on their children’s birth certificates.
Want more information on these proposed laws? Read our fact sheet.