We did it! — Birth certificate reform has passed in Victoria.
Victoria joins Tassie, NT, SA and the ACT
By the numbers:
- 2563 of us across Australia pledged to support these reforms
- 1073 feminists and academics signed an open letter countering anti-trans misinformation
- 1084 Victorians who sent over 2800 letters to our politicians
- Hundreds joined a snap action on the steps of parliament
- Dozens who sat in the public gallery and watched the debate to remind our MPs that the laws they were debating have real impacts on real people.
Together we have united the community in rejecting the politics of hate and fear. This win is a reminder of how powerful we are when we stand together.
Fairer birth certificate laws in Victoria are a big step for equality and inclusion, lets take a minute to celebrate!